YOUR NAMED GP - YOUR CHOICE!
Every patient has a Named GP. When you register with us you will be assigned a Named GP which you can choose yourself or we can pick one for you and you can update this if you choose once you have got to know our clinicians. Having a Named GP helps provide continuity of care for our patients but patients are still at free will to book appointments with any of our available clinicians. Patients can also change their Named GP at any point by speaking to a receptionist.
OVER-THE-PHONE OPTION FOR YOUR REPEAT MEDICATION
We have widened the choice of pharmacy services and how you can access your repeat prescriptions, so in partnership with Pharmacy2U we have the "Pool Health Centre Prescription Service."
This service does work differently to other chemists as you can be:
- Reminded to request your next repeat medicines by phone, email or smartphone app, before your medicines run out.
- Request your medicines by phone, online or app 24 hours a day, when it suits you.
- Your medicines will be delivered to any UK address, your place of work, a relative, a carer or home and you don't even need to be in to receive it in many cases.
The Practice are co-owners of The "Pool Health Centre Prescription Service" and we want our patients to be informed about the different choices that are available. We stress that this news article is just for information and not a recommendation. All the other local pharmacies do continue to be available as before and your choice of dispensing pharmacy is completely yours to make. If you continue with your existing chemist then that process will work exactly as it always has done.
If you would like to try the "Pool Health Centre Prescription Service" then simply call in to collect one of the registration leaflets available in our waiting room, complete and post the form and you will get a welcome letter from Pharmacy2U which confirms how it works.
NEED US OUT-OF-HOURS? CALL NHS 111
NHS111 handle all telephone calls for urgent care when surgeries are closed (NB: our surgery is open from 8.00-6.30pm Mon to Friday excluding bank holidays so ring us if you need us between those hours). NHS111 can offer the most appropriate service to help you, which can still include an out-of-hours appointment/visit if appropriate, or any other health service or advice you may require. You can telephone NHS111 direct by just dialling ‘111’ on your phone.
- NHS 111 is there to make it easier for you to access local NHS healthcare services in England.
- You can call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency.
- NHS 111 is a fast and easy way to get the right help, whatever the time.
- NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.
When the surgery is closed, an answerphone message will play giving patients the above information.
When to use NHS111
Call 111 if:
- you need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency
- you think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service
- you don't know who to call or you don't have a GP to call
- you need health information or reassurance about what to do next
- For less urgent health needs, contact > local pharmacist in the usual way.
If a health professional has given you a specific phone number to call when you are concerned about your condition, continue to use that number.
For immediate, life-threatening emergencies continue to call 999.
CYBER ATTACK INFORMATION
We are pleased to confirm that all Carn to Coast Health Centres sites are currently unaffected by the well-publicised problems with computer systems currently afflicting some parts of the NHS. Appointments are continuing as normal. Carn to Coast is stringent in maintaining its IT security and, while immunity from cyber attacks can never be guaranteed, we are confident that our systems offer a robust defence. We will update this message if we receive any significant news about the position in Cornwall as a whole and any issues which might affect care given to our patients.
Senior Management Team
Carn to Coast Health Centres